Headquarters: Denver, CO
Red Canary was founded to make security for every business better by protecting organizations around the world from cyber threats. Our combination of market defining technology, processes, and expertise delivered using an innovative SaaS model is preventing breaches every day.
The Red Canary Detection Engineering team analyzes millions of process behaviors over hundreds of thousands of endpoints and support our customers to rapidly respond and remediate threats in their environments globally. Every detection engineering member is on the front lines of cybersecurity with unique opportunities to learn new technology and solve the hardest problems in cybersecurity.
Why You Matter
You are passionate about security and building solutions to help solve security challenges. You are comfortable working in a self managed environment deploying and building tools as part of delivering the Red Canary MDR product. The Red Canary Detection Engineering team leverages massive datasets to create new detection use cases and investigate threats in customer environments. You will work with the detection engineers to plan, design, and implement new tools or capabilities that extend the existing Red Canary core platform. You will work closely with all aspects of the security operations teams to advise and help plan detection and response strategy in line with goals to streamline efficiency, improve consistency, and make new data more accessible to enable detailed and timely threat detection. Our customers depend on us 24/7 and the tools you help design and deploy enables us to identify threats and help our customers respond rapidly. In this role you may work from our Denver office or remote.
Who You Are
You are an engineer or architect who:
- Thrives on designing software and solutions to solve complex security problems
- Takes full ownership of a project or features from concept to launch
- Understands operating system process telemetry as a detection source
- Provides architectural guidance to our detection engineers and intel teams to ensure effective and efficient coding practice
- Has experience working in development, software engineering, or software architecture (Ruby, Rails, Splunk, and AWS knowledge a plus)
- A critical thinker, able to break problems down quickly and prioritize critical action paths
- Comfortable moving fluidly between system level architecture and code level implementation
- An experienced debugger and troubleshooter of complex systems and data pipelines
As an Engineering Lead you will:
- Guide detection and software engineers in design efforts and provide architectural oversight.
- Develop solutions to improve the efficiency of human analysis efforts.
- Design data analysis and processing solutions to empower team find anomalies and leverage data analytics to rapidly find threats.
- Act as leader and technical mentor to future members of your team.
- Assist with product development prioritization and planning efforts.
Projects you could work on:
- Maturing our existing detection automation framework to allow a broader range of actions by the detection engineers.
- Designing, implementing and improving our ability to do historical analysis of observed threats, TTPs and IOC to allow the team to better identify trends and new threats.
- Designing, implementing and improving detection and analysis enrichment to leverage content produced by our intel team or third party sources.
Working at Red Canary
You will work with an exceptionally talented team that is solving problems facing every business.
Additional benefits of working at Red Canary include:
- Exceptional healthcare and dental coverage including fully paid premiums
- Flexible time off and leave benefits
- 401k and flex-spending accounts
- Fitness and phone discretionary stipends
Individuals seeking employment at Red Canary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
To apply: https://hire.withgoogle.com/public/jobs/redcanarycom/view/P_AAAAAAEAAE6AQaBSp3UMRG?trackingTag=weWorkRemotely