Headquarters: New York
All Make Believe (www.allmakebelieve.com) is a boutique digital design and development studio based in New York City, and with team members around the world.
We specialize in creating exceptional mobile and web experiences with an emphasis on usability, functionality and beautiful design.
We’re a small team of passionate designers, developers and product people with boundless ambition and a genuine love for our work. Whether we’re partnering with a startup to help turn a seedling of an idea into a thriving digital business, or collaborating with an established brand to serve as an extension of their in-house team for a specific engagement, we approach each project with a steadfast commitment to quality and precision. Current and former clients include companies like: Vimeo, Skillshare, Forks Over Knives and Firstmark Capital.
As product designer for the company, you’ll work alongside our team to help design and manage our expanding portfolio of digital projects.
- Based in North America
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience in a design role, designing across both web and mobile (Android and iOS).
- Experience both wireframing and designing in Sketch with an ability to communicate ideas visually.
- An ability to problem-solve, anticipate challenges, and propose better ways of building products.
- A self starter with excellent organizational skills and the ability to ruthlessly prioritize the highest impact work.
- A track record of solving complex problems on tight time frames.
- Experience translating designs to product requirements and working with the development team to successfully implement the designs (familiarity with project management software like JIRA or Pivotal Tracker a plus)
- Experience working in agile product development
- Strong user experience intuitions, including an ability to discern great UX and empathize with users
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable taking the lead with clients, stakeholders, and remote teams
- A history of taking initiative, self-management, and solving problems without explicit direction
- A true team-player attitude and a willingness to roll up your sleeves to achieve the best results
- Prior experience working in a small startup environment or on product development teams for tech companies
- Lead product initiatives, project planning, and occasionally client management
- Partner with engineering and design teams to deliver excellent products on tight timelines
- Work with QA and development teams to ensure designs implemented according to your vision, and rigorously tested
- Dive into product metrics, conduct analysis on user behaviors and trends, and translate findings into actionable product enhancements.
- Draft product requirements and specs, and transfer these into JIRA or similar tools
- Join regular standups and team meetings to ensure company objectives are being met
- Work in sync with customer success teams to prioritize UX issues and adjust designs accordingly.
- Participate in product strategy and tactical planning conversations
Nice to haves:
- Hands-on experience designing your own products or side projects
- Prior experience working with subscription-based services
- Prior experience working with remote teams
- Prior experience working with Mixpanel or Amplitude
- Flexible working hours. The position can be remote, and (within reason) can fit around your schedule
- Enjoyable, rewarding work. You will be working on multiple projects across a variety of platforms (everything from SAAS websites, to iOS, Android, Android TV, TVOS apps)
- Working with a group of talented, passionate, and motivated team members across all disciplines
- The ability to directly influence the success of projects and lead the direction of products
To apply for this role, please submit a cover letter explaining why you believe you would be a good fit for the position, along with some relevant product design examples and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply: email@example.com