Note: Although this is a remote position, we are only looking for candidates in time zones between UTC-1 and UTC+4.
At Hotjar we help marketing, product, and UX teams answer the questions their traditional analytics can’t, helping them provide a better user experience. To lead the way in our space, we’re creating an exciting, memorable, and unique brand—it’s a good time to join :-) We’re a distributed, 100% remote team that loves to collaborate and help each other grow. Personal and professional growth is at our core.
We’re looking for an inspired and passionate Content Marketer to join our growing marketing team. Reporting to the Director of Demand Generation and working directly with our Editor, you’ll contribute to our content strategy and help drive new MQL (Marketing Qualified Leads) growth. You will contribute optimized writing and edit weekly, with an eye on the needs of our readers and the other one on the SERP. As part of your role, you will reach out to and interview experts and customers, perform SEO research and optimize your work accordingly, and write compelling short articles and long-form stories.
If you have a passion for storytelling, a strategic mind, and know where to focus attention to drive the best results, keep reading...
- Identify, reach out to, and interview subject matter experts (Hotjar customers, e-commerce pros, analytics experts, etc.) to create helpful, specific, practical, and never-seen-anywhere-else content.
- Brainstorm, plan, and create authoritative and meaningful content to promote new MQL (marketing qualified leads) growth through free channels (editorial content, content hubs, head-term landing pages, etc).
- Be involved at both tactical and strategic levels (it’s a small team, so we’re looking for a doer—a mover and shaker, if you will).
- Find ways to always bring our content back to our product (Hotjar) and how it can help our readers solve their most painful challenges.
- Put the customer at the center of everything you do by speaking to them, listening to them, and creating unique content-driven experiences for them.
- Analyze our existing content to see what’s driving the most and best traffic to propose new content ideas.
- Use whitehat SEO techniques from the beginning stages of content development.
- You have experience in content creation for companies serving the e-commerce or analytics industries.
- You are a Hotjar user or have used it in the past.
- You know how to lever editorial-based SEO to promote meaningful, high-quality traffic.
- You’ve got a special talent for the written word and can create meaningful, customer-centric content that creates results.
- You have experience identifying, reaching out to, and interviewing subject matter experts.
- You’re a customer-centric marketer.
- You have a desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party
What we offer
- A remote and accomplished diverse and international team.
- A chance to positively enhance people’s experience online and make the web a better place.
- Annual learning and development budget.
- Several perks designed for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance (Holiday Budget, Wellbeing Allowance, Working Together Budget, 16 weeks paid parental leave, and much more).
The budgeted compensation range for this role is €50,000 to €70,000, annually. Ranges are based on market research and are equitable to other roles within Hotjar. The actual compensation offered to our new team member will be based on relative experience. At this time we are only able to provide official employment status to those located in Malta, Germany, and the UK. All other new team members will join as full-time consultants and will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees where they reside.
To apply: https://careers.hotjar.com/o/content-marketer-emea/?source=WeWorkRemotely